Apply to Intern with the VC Platform Community!
The VC Platform Global Community
is a one of a kind community for nearly one thousand platform professionals across the venture capital industry to connect with peers and learn from each other.
The community exists to elevate the venture capital platform profession globally by recognizing and propagating standards of excellence in portfolio and firm management to benefit the member community, the portfolio companies we serve and the venture capital industry at large. From when the community first started in 2013, it has played a massive role in driving understanding of what platform is and paving the way for this emerging career. As the profession has grown and more venture capital firms have added platform roles to their teams, the work of the community is more important than ever.
To support our goals, we are looking to welcome our first community intern to help with all parts of running this thriving community of exceptional people. As an intern you will have the ability to help to shape the future of the community, and the entire venture capital industry, while having the opportunity to engage with our community member who represent firms such as Sequoia, FirstMark, Battery, Bessemer, General Catalyst, Scale, Costanoa, Khosla, NEA, Greylock, Accel and many more. This is a unique opportunity to get deeply connected with some of the most creative professionals in the venture capital industry globally while doing meaningful work. We promise that you will learn a ton, and hopefully have fun as well!
As a community management intern, you will wear many hats and get the opportunity to help with a wide range of projects. This role is perfect for someone who likes the idea of learning about all parts of how the VC industry and the platform community functions and who can juggle multiple tasks, with impeccable prioritization skills.
The primary responsibilities include:
- Supporting the build out and maintenance of our technology stack, including our custom-built community platform. Leading digital platform upgrades and improvement projects and supporting ad-hoc technical troubleshooting.
- Owning the logistics and execution of all community events, including our virtual global summit, regional community happy hours and our regular virtual content series.
- Designing and launching a new community peer cohort program for members to connect with each other. You will lead the development of this program and oversee the maintenance and success of it, with the support of the board.
- Oversee all components of our sponsor engagements as a project manager, supporting the board in developing sponsorship proposals, selling potential sponsors and ensuring value delivery to all sponsors.
- Leading the creation of an industry-wide community vendor database. This will involve significant research, data aggregations, and surveying. You will ultimately lead the design and launch of this tool for the entire community as our product manager.
- Owning most community management activities including reviewing and approving new member applications, reviewing and moderating content as needed, and fielding all inbound support and technical queries from community members.
- Supporting the community’s marketing efforts, including social media curation, content creation, design, and PR.
- Experience building technical systems and general technical proficiency. Comfort using no-code applications such as Zapier, Webflow, and Airtable is required. Software development skills are a plus, but not expected.
- Proven track record working in a highly independent and self directed role with success. Ability to prioritize multiple projects at once.
- Exceptional communication abilities, specifically when it comes to concise and professional email correspondence.
- Experience managing up and comfort with holding the board accountable to provide proper guidance and management.
- Significant maturity and professionalism, comfort working with and gaining credibility from senior executives and seasoned venture capitalists.
- Experience organizing in-person or virtual events and conferences for large audiences.
- Strong detail orientation and high standards of excellence.
- A long-term interest in working in venture capital is not required, but welcomed.
- Candidates are required to have at least 18 months of prior work experience, across internships, part-time or full time work. Experience founding a company or leading a large student organization is highly desirable.
- This is a remote role and candidates can be based anywhere. Preference is for candidates based in the US, Canada, UK, or Europe Depending on the candidate’s location and interest, we will arrange a workspace at one of our community member’s offices when in-person work is safe and permissible
- This internship is open to full-time students pursuing undergraduate and graduate degrees
- Fluency in English is required
- We anticipate that this internship role will last for 12 months, acknowledging that the time commitment may fluctuate throughout the school year. We ask applicants to dedicate at least 15 hours per week. Candidates who can take on a full-time internship will be considered as well
- Interns will be paid a competitive monthly stipend
- Intern will report to the VC Platform Community Board President, but will work closely with all 15 Board Members
- Application deadline is April 30, 2021